Maandelijks archief: februari 2015
Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:10AM
The United States is set to arm Israel with more fighter jets in a three-billion-dollar agreement signed between Washington and Tel Aviv over the weekend.
The deal includes 14 F-35 stealth fighters made by the US company, Lockheed Martin, at a cost of about $110 million each, Israeli officials announced on Sunday.
Other technological and training elements were also included in the military package.
Israel is expected to receive the fighter jets by the end of next year.
The United States provides Israel with some $8.5 million in military aid per day, adding up to over $3 billion annually.
In November, the Department of Defense announced plans to arm Israel with 3,000 smart bombs as part of Washington’s military aid to Tel Aviv.
In December, American lawmakers passed a bill to deepen Washington’s bonds…
View original post 82 woorden meer
Lada Ray, Futurist Trendcast 2-23-15… “Vladimir Putin: “I Don’t See the Apocalyptic Scenario Materializing.””
This is a helpful piece by Lada Ray, which indicates that Mr. Putin is carefully leading the planet away from “apocalypse” (namely, world exploding) and towards peaceful solutions.
“He doesn’t see materializing the apocalyptic scenario of a full-scale war between Russia and Ukraine. Volatile statements such as Poroshenko’s promise to get back Crimea at any cost don’t help. Crimean land does and always will belong to Russians, Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars, as well as Greeks and Germans – together with the core population, there are Greeks and Germans living in Crimea as well. As to what country Crimea belongs with, the vote to secede and join Russia was the choice of the Crimeans, and such choice must be respected. Russia certainly can’t ignore or disrespect it. “Hopefully, our partners abroad will soon come to respect the people’s choice as well.”
“Those who follow the statements by Putin and Lavrov…
View original post 683 woorden meer
These Images Tell All about the USA CORP… “Iran… Russia… How DARE they be so close to USA [Corp] Military Bases”
And don’t forget Hawaii…
I will just point out, that these images are not intended to imply that “all US military is BAD”. In this particular moment on this planet, I know there are contrasting groups of “military”, some are working toward positive ends, some are still working “for the cabal”.
Found most of these at Lew Rockwell FB page.
From email@example.com Thu Dec 7 09:30:56 2006
Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
Date: 7 Dec 2006 14:22:52 -0000
Subject: imap Digest of: get.24814
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 12:46:43 -0600 (CST)
Subject: [NYTr] USrael—DIME Bomb: Yet Another Genotoxic Weapon
The DIME Bomb: Yet Another Genotoxic Weapon, Part I
By James Brooks, Al-Jazeerah, 5 December 2006
It’s been almost five months since the first report that Israeli drone aircraft have been dropping a “mystery weapon” on Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. Since then, news media around the world have run stories depicting the strange and “horrific” wounds inflicted by the new bomb. The international press has spoken with Palestinian doctors and medics who say Israel’s new device is a kind of chemical weapon that has significantly increased the fatality rate among the victims of Israeli attacks. (1)(2)
In mid-October, Italian investigators reported forensic evidence that suggests the new weapon may also represent the near future of US “counterinsurgency warfare”. Combined with photographs of the victims and testimony from attending doctors, this evidence points to the use of Dense Inert Metal Explosives (DIME). (3)
DIME is an LCD (”low collateral damage”) weapon developed at the US Air Force Research Laboratory. Publicly, it is slated for initial deployment in 2008. DIME bombs produce an unusually powerful blast within a relatively small area, spraying a superheated “micro-shrapnel” of powdered Heavy Metal Tungsten Alloy (HMTA). Scientific studies have found that HMTA is chemically toxic, damages the immune system, rapidly causes cancer, and attacks DNA (genotoxic).(4-11)
It is unfortunate that the US media have virtually blacked out the story of Israel’s new weapon, not least because our own military may soon be using it in Iraq and Afghanistan. The story might also have told us something about the grossly disproportionate brutality of Israel’s war on the Palestinian people—reason enough for the media to suppress it.(12)
Thanks to the intrepid Italians, the story could even have introduced Americans to their government’s DIME weapons program. This three-part article will ask whether Israel is ‘testing’ US DIME bombs in the Gaza Strip, and explore the workings, dangers, and projected use of DIME weapons and their roots in depleted uranium (DU) research. These parallels will lead us to consider DIME in its historical context, as the latest innovation in the US military’s long-running development of genotoxic weapons.
“They cannot return to life again”
The first reports about ‘Israel’s new weapon’ came from Dr Joma Al-Saqqa, chief of the emergency unit at Gaza’s largest hospital, Al-Shifa. Dr. Al-Saqqa said that Israel was using “a new ‘chemical’ weapon” and its siege was “a live exercise on a new ammunition that, so far, has resulted in killing 50 Palestinians and injuring 200.” He observed that, “despite the damage in internal soft tissue in the bodies of injured people, the fragments were not detected by X-ray. In other words, they had disappeared or dissolved inside the body.”(13)
“There were usually entry and exit wounds,” Dr. Al-Saqqa reported. “When the wounds were explored no foreign material was found. There was tissue death, the extent of which was difficult to determine. A higher deep infection rate resulted with subsequent amputation. In spite of amputation there was a higher mortality.” (14) The effects of the weapon seemed “radioactive”. (15) According to Palestine News Network, Dr. Al-Saqqa “confirmed that there were dozens of wounded legs and arms. Many of them had been burned from the inside, and distorted to the point that they cannot return to life again.”(16)
“When the shrapnel hit[s] the body, it causes very strong burns that destroy the tissues around the bones… it burns and destroys internal organs, like the liver, kidneys, and the spleen and other organs and makes saving the wounded almost impossible. As a surgeon, I have seen thousands of wounds during the Intifada, but nothing was like this weapon.”(17)
However, Dr. Al-Saqqa could not analyze the chemistry of the bizarre wounds. On the first day of the siege, June 27, Israel had conveniently destroyed Gaza’s only criminal laboratory. (18) Despite his pleas to the “international community” to investigate and lend assistance in treating the victims, “no one has lifted a finger”, the doctor was quoted in mid-July. “What we found were journalists who came to take pictures, but as for the medical community, nothing.” (19)
On August 3, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) reported that Commissioner-General Karen AbuZayd had visited Dr. Al-Saqqa’s hospital, “where the staff is struggling to deal with wounds resulting in an unusually high number of amputations.” Commissioner AbuZayd commented that “what we saw in Al-Shifa…was rather horrific.” (20)
According to Merlin (Medical Emergency Relief International), “75 per cent of war-wounded patients admitted at one hospital needed amputations” following an Israeli attack on Gaza City. (21)
The World Health Organization was reportedly considering an investigation into the injuries. Physicians for Human Rights—Israel “agreed to take away fragments of tissue from the bodies of Palestinians killed during the recent military operations in Gaza for possible analysis in Israel but urged the medics to seek an international investigation.” (22)
Tungsten in Tissue Samples: A DIME Weapon?
On October 19, Italy’s Rai24news televised an investigative report that supplied crucial new information. The Italian investigators had tissue samples from the victims in Gaza analyzed by Dr. Carmela Vaccaio at University Parma. Dr. Vaccaio reportedly found “a very high concentration of carbon and the presence of unusual materials, such as copper, aluminum and tungsten.” The doctor concluded that her “findings could be in line with the hypothesis that the weapon in question is DIME.”
Rai24news reporters also talked to Maj. Gen. Yitzhak Ben-Israel, former chief of the IDF’s weapons development program. General Ben-Israel appeared to be familiar with DIME weapons. He explained that, “one of the ideas is to allow those targeted to be hit without causing damage to bystanders or other persons.” (23) The US Air Force refers to this emerging realm of weaponry as FLM (Focused Lethality Munitions). FLM is expected to provide the ‘weapons of choice’ for targeting “terrorists hiding among civilians”, as a cheerleading Wall Street Journal article put it. (24)
With “focused lethality [and] higher energy materials…nano particles, intelligent fuzing, [and] mass focus lethality”, the Air Force “will be able to strike effectively, wherever and whenever necessary, with minimal collateral damage.” Ominously, the military thinks these weapons will allow it to target sites “previously off limits to the warfighter.” (25)(26)
This warfare of the future is reminiscent of what Israel has been doing for years, but with one-ton bombs, 155-mm artillery shells, and tank-fired antipersonnel flechette bombs. Are FLM weapons like DIME an improvement? Or will they actually increase civilian casualties and suffering, and mimic depleted uranium weapons by inducing disease and genetic damage in their victims? These disturbing questions will be explored in the next installment of this article.
1) Palestinian injuries suggest Israel is using chemical weapons in Gaza Ma’an News, 7/10/2006 http://www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=ShowDetails&ID=13044
2) Israel used chemical weapons in Lebanon and Gaza By Jean Shaoul, Centre for Research on Globalization/wsws.org, 10/24/2006 http://wsws.org/articles/2006/oct2006/isra-o24.shtml
3) Italian TV: Israel used new weapon prototype in Gaza Strip Ha’aretz, 10/19/2006 http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=772894
4) Dense Inert Metal Explosive (DIME) GlobalSecurity.org, 10/18/2006 http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/dime.htm
5) Abstract: Potential late health effects of depleted uranium and tungsten used in armor-piercing munitions: comparison of neoplastic transformation and genotoxicity with the known carcinogen nickel Miller, AC, et al, PubMed, 11/26/2006 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11873492&dopt=Abstract
6) Neoplastic transformation of human osteoblast cells to the tumorigenic phenotype by heavy metal-tungsten alloy particles: induction of genotoxic effects Miller, AC, et al Carcinogenesis, Vol. 22, No. 1, 115-125, January 2001, Oxford University Press http://carcin.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/22/1/115
7) Abstract: Carcinogenic Potential of Depleted Uranium and Tungsten Alloys Alexandra C Miller, Ph. D., Department Of Defense, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute (AFRRI) http://www.deploymentlink.osd.mil/du_library/reports/projects/dod122.htm
8) Depleted uranium-catalyzed oxidative DNA damage: absence of significant alpha particle decay Miller, AC, et al, Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, Issue 91, 2002 pp. 246-252 http://www.afrri.usuhs.mil/www/outreach/pdf/tungsten_cancer.pdf
9) Embedded Weapons-Grade Tungsten Alloy Shrapnel Rapidly Induces Metastatic High-Grade Rhabdomyosarcomas in F344 Rats Kalinich et al, Environmental Health Perspectives Volume 113, Number 6, June 2005 http://www.ehponline.org/members/2005/7791/7791.html
10) Abstract: Effect of the militarily-relevant heavy metals, depleted uranium and heavy metal tungsten-alloy on gene expression in human liver carcinoma cells (HepG2) By Miller, AC, et al, SpringerLink/Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 1/1/2004 http://www.springerlink.com/content/u8830115617471jl/
11) Preconceptional paternal exposure to radiation or heavy metals like cadmium can induce cancer in unexposed offspring By Alexandra C. Miller, Rafael Rivas, Robert J. Merlot and Paul, Carcinogenesis 5: Environmental and Endogenous Carcinogens/Proc Amer Assoc Cancer Res, Volume 47, 2006 http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org/cgi/content/abstract/2006/1/448-b>
12) If Americans Knew http://www.ifamericansknew.org/>http://www.ifamericansknew.org/
13) Israel ‘is using chemical ammunition’ in Gaza By Duraid Al Baik, Centre for Research on Globalization/Gulf News, 6/13/2006 http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=AL%2020060713&articleId=2730
14) Are New Weapons Being Used In Gaza and Lebanon By David Halpin MB BS FRCS, Electronic Intifada, 8/14/2006 http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article5528.shtml
15) Ministry of Health report on toxic Israeli weapons confirmed by Gaza City medical sources Palestine News Network, 7/13/2006 http://www.pnn.ps/english/archive2006/jul/week2/130706/report5.htm
17) Doctors Report Unusual Weapon Used in Gaza Pacifica/Free Speech Radio News 7/11/2006 http://www.pacifica.org/programs/fsrn/fsrn_060711.html
18) Israel ‘is using chemical ammunition’ in Gaza Centre for Research on Globalization/Gulf News, 6/13/2006 http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=AL%2020060713&articleId=2730
19) Ministry of Health report on toxic Israeli weapons confirmed by Gaza City medical sources Palestine News Network, 7/13/2006 http://www.pnn.ps/english/archive2006/jul/week2/130706/report5.htm
20) UNRWA Commissioner-General Karen AbuZayd: “Please don’t forget what’s going on in Gaza” ReliefWeb/UNRWA, 8/3/2006 http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF/db900SID/EVOD-6SBJDR?OpenDocument&rc=3&emid=ACOS-635PFR
21) Hospitals in Gaza overwhelmed and running out of supplies Electronic Intifada/Merlin, 8/8/2006 http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article5455.shtml
22) Gaza doctors encounter ‘unexplained injuries’ Donald Macintyre, The Independent 9/4/2006 http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article1359830.ece
23) Italian TV: Israel used new weapon prototype in Gaza Strip Ha’aretz, 10/12/2006 http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=772894
24) Air Force seeks a bomb with less bang By Greg Jaffe, The Wall Street Journal/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 4/11/2006 http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06096/679996-84.stm
25) Munition Technology Drivers By Col. Thomas “Mas” Masiell, Air Force Research Laboratory, 12/1/2006 http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2001munitions/masiello.pdf
26) USAF Unfunded Priority List (UPL) SAF/FMB POC, FY 2007, February 2006, Page 54 http://wwwd.house.gov/hasc_democrats/Issues%20109th/unfunded/AF%20UFR%20FY07.pdf
Published on 23 Jul 2013
Published on 22 Jul 2012
Documentary made in the early 90’s but the information is more relevant and credible today because we see so many things that have actually happened that back when it was said would have seemed a bit far fetched at the time!
The Wall Street-Treasury Complex as
Counterpart to the Military-Industrial Complex
By Norman D. Livergood
Capitalism is based on the private ownership of the means of production–the farms, factories and service industries. Capitalists make profits on their investments, instead of selling their labor power like the working class. The United States at present is primarily a capitalist economy, though some means of production are publicly owned.
A nation with a capitalist economy can, under the proper leadership, facilitate democratic freedoms and create a high standard of living. However, with the kind of leadership the U.S. has suffered under for several decades, capitalism becomes a tyranny in which the moneyed class loots the nation, while the working class suffers lower wages, higher prices, decreased constitutional liberties, and chronic unemployment. This latter kind of exploitative economy is most accurately called “vulture capitalism,” and we are seeing it now in full view with the fascistic tactics of the cabal.
The U.S. is a “consumer society” in which workers must buy and sell to live. Every part of life becomes a commodity, something to be bought and sold, whether it is a computer, the latest automobile, sporting or technological skills, sex, or our ability to work. In essence, capitalism is “generalised commodity production,” the transforming of all life into a “thing,” something to be owned or traded.
Vulture capitalists call this commoditization of human life the “free-market-system” and force it on nations throughout the world. When this “system” fails, the vulture capitalists send in their carefully-selected Harvard economists to see that the nation’s financial ruin is complete. In 2001, Argentina was the last in a long list of nations which have fallen prey to the ravages of vulture capitalism: currency-manipulation, asset-stripping, and factories and products sold at pennies on the dollar.
There are important distinctions between the various types of capitalism:
- industrial capitalism: producing profit through manufacturing and distribution
- finance capitalism: producing profit through the manipulation of financial instruments (bonds, stocks, securities, derivatives, etc.)
Vulture capitalism is a form of finance capitalism, a hydra-headed monster:
- multinational corporations moving their manufacturing plants to wherever the labor market is cheapest, where they can get the largest tax break from the host country, and where they can be assured that the host country will adopt a currency that can be traded without danger of political interference
- the Wall Street-Treasury Complex during the 1990s allowing its economic client-states (Japan, South Korea, Thailand, South Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Philippines, Taiwan, and others as occasion dictates) to make profits by selling their goods on the American market
- vulture capitalists selling U.S. client-states military weaponry manufactured by their own corporations and peddled through the Pentagon and U.S. embassies world-wide
- the Wall Street-Treasury Complex forcing its client-states to open their economies so U.S. vulture capitalists can carve out huge profits through currency manipulation and asset-stripping
- the vulture capitalists buying assets (manufacturing plants, banks, businesses, etc.) at pennies on the dollar, when the client-state begins to go under, because the American market is saturated
- the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank–fronts for the Wall Street-Treasury Complex–offering loans to nations with ailing economies, forcing them to implement draconian economic measures (euphemistically called “conditionalities”):
- laying off as many workers as possible
- cutting wages at all levels
- forcing the nation to pay its debts to IMF and the World Bank before making any other payments
- vulture capitalists attacking the currencies of nations with ailing economies (e.g. Indonesia, Russia) and reaping obscene profits
“For globalization to work, America can’t be afraid to act like the almighty superpower that it is. The hidden hand of the market will never work without a hidden fist. McDonald’s cannot flourish without McDonald-Douglas, the designer of the F-15, and the hidden fist that keeps the world safe for Silicon Valley’s technology is called the United States Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps.”Thomas Friedman, New York Times, March 28, 1999
Friedman is a leading mouthpiece for U.S. imperialism. This editorial appeared four days after the start of the 1999 bombing war against Yugoslavia. Friedman makes it clear that the military-industrial complex is the indispensable “hidden fist” making imperialist globalization work.
Throughout the world, workers are being systematically beaten down by vulture capitalism:
- unequal taxes (huckstered as “tax cuts”)
- “rent-a-judge” justice systems
- sky-rocketing unemployment
- rising prices
- sold-to-the-highest- bidder- congresspersons
- corporations such as Enron left to their own dog-eat-dog profit-making tactics which receive U.S. tax monies when they make bad foreign investments
Our federal and state governments have been taken over by people who are able to amass multi-million dollar election campaign funds. Either wealthy persons run for office themselves or they “buy” their own candidates. These elected officials then carry out the programs of those who put them into power.
The most visible example of this was Enron’s chairman, Ken Lay, giving $2 million dollars to the Bush campaign and then allowed by the Bush administration to manipulate the energy markets to make billions. Even when Enron went under, Ken Lay for a while still had his own private billions he’d taken from the company. Enron’s 21,000 employees lost most of their retirement savings because their pension accounts were stuffed with now-worthless Enron stock, and many lost their jobs as well.
If you are an American multinational corporation, such as GE, Chrysler, or Boeing, or if you are a savings & loan, bank, or financial institution, then the federal government will see that your losses are covered with American taxpayers’ money.
The American government will also see to it that an almost unlimited number of immigrants are allowed into the country, to keep wages at as low a level as possible. This policy of unrestricted immigration creates a very dangerous situation in America and Europe, aside from lowering wages.
Immigration Into the U.S. Was At An All-time High
Immigration into the U.S. reached its peak in 1991, with 1,827,167 immigrants allowed in and has been steadily decreasing as the American economy has fallen into recession.
The Bush administration had planned to shift into a “war economy” so fewer immigrant workers would be needed. And now, with the Terrorist attack of 9/11/01, the immigration policies and procedures of the federal government have been shown to be fatally flawed. Not only did the federal government allow a flood of immigrant workers into the U.S. so the corporations would have low-wage workers, but the Immigration and Naturalization Service did not keep track of them–resulting in legal and illegal immigrants bombing the World Trade Center.
The Immigration Act of 1990 exclusively assisted American multinational corporations, providing them an abundant supply of foreign workers willing to work for the lowest possible wages. The Act had been sold to the American public as being necessary because there was said to be a shortage of skilled workers in the science professions. On the contrary, between 1990 and 1993, according to the Bureau of Statistics, 146,000 engineering jobs disappeared, as employment fell from 1.862 million to 1.716 million.
As Donald Bartlett and James Steele show in their informative book, America: Who Stole the Dream?, “two new engineers were graduated from American universities for every job that opened up. And the unemployment rate for engineers doubled, rising from 2.1 percent to 4.1 percent. Yet during this period, the United States admitted nearly 190,000 engineers as immigrants or temporary workers.”
Vulture capitalism has taken many high-paying manufacturing jobs out of the United States, resulting in an eroded infrastructure, massive unemployment, high crime rates, and homelessness never before seen.
Corporate profits reached a twenty-five year high in 1995 while the median wage earner’s pay shrank in real terms, by one percent a year, every year from 1989 through 1995.
While the sales income of the world’s 500 largest multinational corporations have grown seven fold, worldwide employment in these global firms has remained virtually flat since the early 1970s, approximately 26 million people.
Where did all the extra profits go – certainly not to the workers?
The average American’s income decreases rapidly while the rich get richer.
|—||—||—||Executive Annual Salary, 1996|
General Electric Chairman
|—||—||—||Executive Annual Salary, 1995|
Wells Fargo Bank
Compaq Computer, Senior VP
Between 1980 and 1992, the top 1% in terms of share of the nation’s income increased their share from 8% to 14%. The next 9% only increased their share of the nation’s income from 24% to 25%. The bottom 90% (those making less than $65,000) saw their share of the nation’s income decrease from 68% to 61%.
The U.S. government, the “American” multinational corporations, and the American banks told the hapless U.S. voters that passing the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) would result in fabulous increases in our exports to Mexico. WRONG!!!
While exports to Mexico have increased, from $41.5 billion in 1992 to $46.2 billion in 1995, an increase of 11.3%, imports from Mexico rose five times faster, going from $50.5 billion in 1992 to $62.4 billion in 1995, an increase of 54%.
NAFTA has resulted in Mexican laborers being used up and spit out by a pitiless system whose only goal is profits. To get a clear picture of the misery and death caused by NAFTA in Mexico, read Charles Bowden’s article, “While You Were Sleeping,” Harper’s, December, 1996, a story about Juarez photographers who expose the violent realities of free trade.
It is at times like these that we should remember the admonition of some of our past Presidents, such as Eisenhower, who warned about the military-industrialist complex, and John F. Kennedy, who warned that American Presidents should not allow themselves to be unduly influenced by the Joint Chiefs-of-Staff.
What Can Be Done
- Countries such as Malaysia and Taiwan, and cities such as Hong Kong have erected currency barriers to protect themselves against the vulture capitalists
- We can expose the economic terrorism of the vulture capitalists’ globalism schemes
- We can expose the oil imperialism of the vulture capitalists
- Americans must become fully aware of our present situation:
- America still enjoys a great degree of freedom, more than anywhere else at present
- American citizens can act to bring about a change in our situation
- The Obama administration is using the terrorism crisis and its high approval ratings to attack constitutional liberties
- We must act in a peaceful, intelligent manner, toward goals we can achieve
- We must work to bring the federal, state, and local governments under the leadership of the people
- We must work continually to become informed citizens
- We must remember who we are
- We should not work against our own interests. For example:
- We should not invest in mutual funds or other Wall Street con games which provide money for the multinational corporations to take American jobs abroad and provide the means for them to “buy” their political puppets
- We should not see our fellow workers as our enemies but as our allies struggling against common foes
- We should not allow ourselves to be conned into a meaningless war such as the Persian Gulf Oil Empire fiasco or the Afghanistan Oil War
- We must be wise consumers, purchasing as much as possible from companies which support American interests
- Beginning immediately, we should build cooperative commonwealth communities
- 12/16/2013: Capitalism Conquers America
- 2/4/02: Crime in the Suites, by William Greider
- 1/29/02: The Enron Collapse and the Crisis of the Profit System, by Nick Beams
- 1/27/02: How the IMF Sank Argentina, by Mark Weisbrot
- 12/31/01: Globalization and China, by William Greider
Raw video: Israeli ‘Iron Dome’ anti-missile system goes into action
*Please note: This story, originally posted in March, has been updated to reflect details of the latest rocket attacks
Israel has credited its mobile missile defence system with stopping several rockets fired from Gaza this week.
A barrage of rockets has been fired at Israelis cities since Monday, including Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and the city of Dimona——home to an Israeli nuclear facility.
But the Israeli Defense Force claims, according to Haaretz, it has intercepted 27 per cent of the more than 180 rockets fired into Israel since Monday using what it calls the “Iron Dome.”
The Iron Dome has been in operation since 2011 and is deployed to intercept short-range missiles and mortars, with the goal of protecting civilians in the path of rockets and artillery shells.
View original post 516 woorden meer